Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Privacy.... whats that??

I’ve always known that internet was a very very powerful search tool and I would also proudly declare that I cant possibly live without internet (sad reality but true). Street directories, latest news, weather, buddies blogs, latest shopping craze, restaurants, carpark rates… the list is endless.. .

but I got a wake up call last nite - internet being so powerful that nothing really stays private anymore.

Was having dinner with my frens… chatting about stuff and came to a point when my fren mentioned that he knows that I’ve done a traffic management study before and that I got first in canoeing last time with a timing of 2 mins something…. and he got this all off the net!! Pretty shocking eh… I was like #@$&*$...

well I need to highlight that he is highly tuned into gossips.. I secretly think he thrives on gossips …

I must say I’ve never googled me b4.. never crossed my mind coz I probably never had the need to research more info about myself and also never had the curiosity to find out if I can ever be googled…so this morning I done it.. googled meself… and I realised there’s quite a few others same named people as me. Found a uni thesis that I’ve done donkey years ago as well… buried deep in the zillions tons of info on net.

Welcome to the future world. Privacy takes on a whole new meaning. That will be something to ponder on….

No comments: